Menu
houstonceng
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

SIM swap resilts in "Invalid SIM"

My sister has an old Nokia Pay-as-you-go mobile that I bought her for emergency use.  I recently received the "SIM Swap" letter telling me that the SIM had to be swapped ASAP - at least within 30 (days from the date of the letter ?).  Anyway, I travelled over to see her and swapped the SIM.  This resulted in an "Invalid SIM" message.  So I went "on line" from my Virgin account and this said "Texy Switch to 789255" using the old SIM.  Tried that, Message was no sent.  Can message my mobile OK!!  Alternatively, go to my account to get a swap date.  Tried that - cannot find anywhere that allows me to do that.

Tried messaging Virgin from my Desk-top.  No reply after 45 minutes waiting.

What am I supposed to do when the info from Virgin contradicts itself and I cannot contact them ?

0 Kudos
Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: SIM swap resilts in "Invalid SIM"

Hi houstonceng,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm very sorry to hear about this. What I will do is private message you so we can look into this.

^Martin

0 Kudos
petey105
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: SIM swap resilts in "Invalid SIM"

I received a new sim that would not work as suggested by Virgin. As a last resort I put the new sim in an unlocked mobile. To my surprise I received an instant reply saying sim activated. I unlocked the original phone with a code obtained on the internet (not the code given by Virgin) and now the old phone works with the new sim onTmobile. (Original phone Nokia 1100. code obtained free from unlocks.co.uk)

0 Kudos