Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

SIM swap abroad (EU)

Hello there,

Virgin Mobile have sent me a text and email message informing me that I am about to receive a new SIM card.

I am on a Simply 8P plan with Virgin, currently abroad (in EU) and with an unknown return date due to coronavirus concerns. My question is:
If my housemate sends me the letter with the new SIM card by postal mail, will I be able to register the new SIM card successfully while roaming abroad (in EU) or does the new SIM card need to be in the UK Virgin network to register OK?

Thank you! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: SIM swap abroad (EU)

Hello

Before they send you the SIM it will have to be activated, as SIMs can only be activated on the home network it isn't possible to activate a UK SUM when you are abroad. Please note when it is activated your old SIM will stop working so would be without service until you receive the new one forwarded from your friends.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your prompt reply!
You save me & the SIM card from a round-trip by snail mail... ;o)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hello

You welcome, stay safe.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos