Menu
EC42
Just joined
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

SIM only - short term deals?

Hi. I am looking for an unlimited SIM only package (for high-load data) but only for a period of about 4 months. I see Vigins packages are generally minimum 12 months. Do you know if you can cancel service after just 4 months? Or transition the SIM to PAYG? Thanks for any suggestions. Seems sad to pay for 8 months service i won't use.

0 Kudos
jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: SIM only - short term deals?

No you can't, you may need to look at a different provider

0 Kudos
TheWeeBear
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

If Vodafone or Three are any good at your location EC42, you could try Voxi (Vodafone) or Smarty (Three).

Both offer unlimited packages monthly, which won't tie you to a 12 month contract.

Smarty 

Voxi 

Hope they might be of some use to you EC42. 😊

0 Kudos
ashpole
Up to speed
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

The Early Buy-out Charge is 46% of your remaining contract cost. So, if you contracted for £20 per month and left after four months you’d owe 8 x £20 x 46%, ie £73.60, not £160. The trick might be to contract for something low, eg £6 per month for 4GB, change your tariff to what you want (you can change it up or down each month) and then pay the Early Buy-out Charge on the £6 per month…

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

unlimited data on smarty.co.uk for £20/month 30 day contracts
0 Kudos
ashpole
Up to speed
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Just moved to Smarty while I look for a 12 month contract, I’m very impressed with their prices. For me the only difference to Three is lack of USA roaming, I don’t use 5G yet. 

0 Kudos