Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

SIM not provisioned

Hi

I can see this question has been asked before but there does not appear to be a solution posted publicly.  Having requested a new SIM on June 5 because of the network improvements I was being informed of via text, I inserted it into my mobile.

I wasn't able to send a text prior to switching to the new SIM as I noticed the old SIM was "not provisioned".

The new SIM has the same error message.  It has now been installed for 48 hours.  I have switched it off and back on and restarted it numerous times.  I have reset the APN settings.  I have scanned for networks manually and found Virgin, but have been "unable to connect".

The phone does not ask me for a PIN number with the new SIM either.  It brings the "SIM not provisioned" error up as soon as the phone is switched on and then constantly reminds me of this throughout the day when the phone tries to refresh the SIM data.

Is there a solution for this?

Regards

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: SIM not provisioned

Hi steelerblue, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the forums. 

Sorry to hear you've had an issue with the SIM swap, can I confirm if the had been activated? As if you was using a SIM before we sent this, we would always send it to be self activated? Can you confirm if you are still having this issue at the moment in time or if you was able to get this cleared up. 

Cheers. 

Ryan_N - Forum Team
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: SIM not provisioned

Hi Ryan

Thanks for replying.  I managed to speak to customer services this morning.

The chap who I spoke to manually booted up the SIM and it seems to have started working soon after.

So everything seems to be working fine now.

Regards

0 Kudos