cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM not provisioned whilst abroad

BUP2502
Tuning in

Hi.

I'm in Spain on holiday and have received a SIM not provisioned message on my phone. I presume this is because of the switch to O2 and that there is a new SIM card waiting for me on my return to the UK on 2 June. I need to use my phone here in Spain. Is there any way that my present SIM card can be extended until then, please?

Regards

Brian

6 REPLIES 6

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @BUP2502 

Thanks for posting and welcome back to the community.

Sorry to hear of the roaming issue. I can't guarantee it as you're already abroad but I'll send you a PM now to see if there is anything we can do.

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Thanks for the prompt reply, John. You were going to send a PM...? If you have, it hasn't arrived yet.

Regards

Brian

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Should appear in Messages when you click on your profile picture 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

BUP2502
Tuning in

Thanks for the hint, enlli, but I've had PM exchanges before on other topics so I know the process..and there's still no PM.

Just to put more flesh on the bones of my first post... according to VirginMedia published documentation I thought we were to be given 30 days notice of this switch to O2. I was given 1 day. The first I knew of it was when I received a text at 15.14 on 17 May advising me that the switch would take place the next day - the day we were travelling to Spain. If I'd been given 30 days notice I might have had the time to arrange a delay with Virgin Mobile. As you might imagine - I'm not a happy bunny!

Regards

Brian

Morning Brian. I'll get this re-sent today 🙂

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for joining me on PM @BUP2502. I am sorry we were not able to help but do try the methods of communication advised to you, as this may help you use the phone abroad. 

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team