cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM not provisioned for voice

Latchedlungs
Joining in

Hello, I have just had a replacement SIM sent out to me. I keep getting popups on my phone saying "SIM not provisioned for voice" and have no connection to the virgin mobile network. What am I supposed to do to fix this?

I put the new SIM card in my android phone, but have not been asked to enter a pin.

Hope someone can help, thanks!

7 REPLIES 7

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Latchedlungs,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm so sorry to hear you're having some trouble with a replacement SIM card. When did you receive the SIM card and place it into your handset?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi Zach I received the SIM this morning and inserted it about an hour ago.

Hi @Latchedlungs,

Thanks for confirming. It can take up to 24 hours for a SIM card to be activated fully, though normally it takes much less time than this.

If you're still having some trouble after the full 24 hours have passed, please let us know and we can go from there.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hello, it's now been over 24 hours and I still have the same message with no connection to the network.

Hey Latchedlungs,

Please can you reboot your handset and let me know if the sim card is now activated?

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

Hello, it is activated now thank you.

You're very welcome Latchedlungs and glad that we could get this resolved. 

Kind Regards,

Steven_L