Menu
Gemjams
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

SIM help

Spoiler

I have had a SIM only contract for almost 2 years for my son, the first day he goes back to school and it decides not to work 🙄 

Emergency calls only, no incoming or outgoing messages/calls. No mobile data, I'm guessing the SIM is damaged.

I can't log into the virgin account due to not remembering the password, I can't reset the password as it sends the 8 digit code to the SIM card which is damaged so unable to retrieve it.

I can't speak to anyone on the phone, I've called numerous numbers and all it does is say it will send a message to the phone.

I've driven 40 minutes to my closest store only to find it permanently closed.

I don't want to be paying every month and not being able to use it. My son needs a phone for school and I feel like cancelling it and getting a new contract but have no idea how? due to not being able to get to a store, not being able to log into my account or speaking to someone over the phone 😦

0 Kudos
Am7
Just joined
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: SIM help

Either the sim is damaged or the network has cut the line. See if the sim can receive calls. As for cust service. It is a nightmare and has got much worse since Covid. Best way is to go via cancellations and demand to have the issue resolved. I'd avoid letting them out you through because then you allow them to wash their hands and put you in a never ending queue.  I hope you get it sorted.

0 Kudos
Lisa_CC
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: SIM help

Hi Gemjams,

I'm sorry that the SIM stopped working for your son and for the inconvenience caused. I've found your details using the information we have on here and can see you've spoken to an agent since you posted who has sent a new SIM out to you and have reset your online account details.

Have you received it and activated it? Please let us know if you have any issues with it.

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos