Menu
waynecarter
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

SIM card registration failed

Have not used my stand by phone in a while and now when switching on it says “Sim card registration failed”

can you please assist?

0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: SIM card registration failed

Is it PAYG and when was it last used?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
waynecarter
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi yes it is PAYG

last year about 7 months ago. It still has quite a lot of credit left on it

0 Kudos
waynecarter
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Last used about 7 months ago - rather

0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Oh dear, looks like you have fallen foul of PAYG terms and conditions.

3.8 Keep talking!: You need to use our Services at least once within any 90 day period either by making a chargeable call or sending a text message. If you don’t we may suspend your access to the Services and cancel this Agreement. If we cancel this Agreement, you may lose your phone number and any unused Top Up credit on your account (see Clause 10.3). We don’t really want to lose you as a customer so please ensure you keep talking or texting!

3.5 No refund: If you don’t use all of the credit in any Top Up that you purchase, or such Top Up expires (if applicable) then we will not give you a refund for it. If this Agreement is cancelled (unless you cancel in accordance with Clause 5.4) then you will also lose any credit you have on your account and we will not refund it to you.

There is a slim off chance (and I mean slim) if you have not updated your SIM card to the newer type in a process that concluded in December, then they might replace the SIM

Either way that one in defunct.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi waynecarter,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm sorry to hear about your SIM card. What enlli has advised is spot on regarding PAYG SIM cards and none usage for a period of time. 

We would to ensure this is what has happened for you and so I will private message you to get some details. 

^Martin

0 Kudos