Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

SIM card " registration failed "

Tried to use phone after a few months, payg, in credit, saw message " SIM card registration failed " followed by " quit ".

no idea how to proceed, understand that others have had correspondence/ replacement SIM cards, how do I go about this please. 

Plus, I can't remove back of phone !  Any tips ?

with whom can I talk about this ? Looks as if folk are posting but not receiving any replies- if so, what's the point ?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: SIM card " registration failed "

Hi Gordy84,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community, I am sorry your PAYG Sim has stopped working, when was the last time you used it or topped it up?

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Paul,

Sorry to say that I cannot recall a specific date - with lockdown it has meant me staying at home since March. I am  84. Lieutenant been earlier this year.

Thank you for your reply.

Gordon

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Gordon,

Thanks for the update, the reason I ask is if the sim hasn't been used or topped up in a six month period it will deactivate and we are unable to get it back up and running once this happens and the number will have gone.

So I can help further I will invite you into a private chat, please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thank you, Paul.

Unsure about the 'purple envelope ' - where was that ? I saw a purple piece with a plus sign and a thumbs up indicator, also a teardrop with 'top' in it, but can't recognise either as a purple envelope. I did click on the first one, but nothing seemed to happen.

may I say that I thought that I had 'topped -up ' within the last 6 months ( up to send of September) and have a feeling that I have checked on my air balance sum subsequent to the top- up. I thought that would be enough to keep everything active.

I was surprised to see a reference to a SIM card at all, I had no idea I had  one! Also, as I remarked previously, I cannot remove the back of the Nokia 1110 phone- I suffer from arthritis in fingers, which may explain that, although usually I can cope with such actions.

Thank you again,

Regards,

Gordon W

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hey @Gordy84,

I will send over another private message over to you in the next few moments.

Please look out for this message and we can get your account looked into further.

Thanks
Steven_L

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Dear All, 

I have exactly the same issue. My PAYG SIM card still worked in September and now suddenly I don't seem to have any connectivity any more. How can I verify whether my SIM Card is still active? 

Many Thanks, 

Dani_079

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thank you,Steven; I'm having trouble using the private message service reply: I can write a reply but can't send it, something to do with java script . Also inable to read full private message, can get the gist of it, the early part by playing about with the buttons. I'll try on another device with, I hope, an updated set-up. Thanks again, Gordon.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Not heard anything at all of late. Getting an ' unusual error occurred ' message on a yellow bavkground. Cannot seem to get into my  private message area either.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I am going to send another one other - let me know if you can access it. 

Cheers. 

Ryan_N - Forum Team - https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/WelcomeGoodFolk
0 Kudos