Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

SIM card not valid report

Having fitted a new SIM card I got a report on phone saying SIM card not valid, I tried removing a refitting several times to no effect. I then refitted the old SIM and it initially worked OK but that is now showing SIM card failed registration - any ideas.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: SIM card not valid report

Unsolicited SIM card received, changed over, phone worked for 2 days and now nothing and now SIM card invalid.  I have no idea how to contact Virgin Media customer service other than for my broadband.  All is could find was a number to use from the mobile which of course isn't working!  Anyone have any idea of where that leaves those of us with this issue?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ken1455, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community. 

Once the new SIM has been activated the old one should stop working, are you able to try popping the new one back in and seeing if this is now working?

If it's not can you let me know the error as it might need unlocking, which we can help with from here 🙂

Keep us updated. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Emma, the SIM will work in another phone but not mine. The old SIM won't work now. I have had a web chat with someone from Virgin Media who said the phone needs unlocking and they would get back within 24 hours but they haven't. 

It would be great if you can help , the IMEI number is [REMOVED]

Thanks Ken

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Thanks for replying Ken. 

I can't take your IMEI on a public forum but I'll pop you a personal message and we can get it sorted from there 🙂 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos