cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM card not activating

deano_m86
Joining in

I've recently received a replacement SIM card. I'd entered this into my phone yesterday and it has still failed to activate or connect to any network. The phone wasn't locked to a network and I wasn't asked to enter a PIN on putting the new SIM into the phone.

I've tried rebooting the phone multiple times and have tried the same SIM in multiple other phones.

I'm at a loss as to why this SIM is not working.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @deano_m86

Thanks for joining me on PM. I've activated your new SIM now and it should be working 🙂

Let me know if any other issues or anything we can assist with

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @deano_m86

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

I'll send you a PM to activate the new SIM now.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @deano_m86

Thanks for joining me on PM. I've activated your new SIM now and it should be working 🙂

Let me know if any other issues or anything we can assist with

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Thats all working great now, thank you for the help!

Please can you also help me with this same problem. 
I have a replacement SIM card in my step daughters phone which is doing the exact same thing 

thanks 

roxy 

Hi Roxy102,

Thank you for your post. 

We can certainly look to help with activating that SIM card. 

What I will need to do is private message you so we can confirm details and pass data protection. 

^Martin

Elle99_
Joining in

Hi there,

I received my new sim 2 days ago and followed the instructions but I’m having the same issue as above

hope someone can help 🙂

Hey @Elle99_,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on the forums.
I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with your sim cards at the moment, I would be happy to take a further look into this for you but would need to confirm a few details via private message, please look out for my message and we can get started.
Kind Regards,
Steven_L

Thanks for confirming your details via private message @Elle99_, I have now activated the sim card for the number that you shared in the private message, please can you reboot your handset and it should now be working.

Please let me know if you have any further issues. 

Kind Regards,

Steven_L