Menu
jensonlim75
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

SIM card manager

Dear VM

My fairly new Samsung Galaxy A12 recently started showing "refreshing Sim card" before the "SIM card manager" pops up (which is part of the settings). It says "SIM 1, unknown, unknown number".

I did what most people did i.e. restart mobile, cleaned SIM card, swapped SIM card to SIM 2 space, but nothing worked. 

Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: SIM card manager

Hi there @jensonlim75

Welcome to our Community and thanks so much for  your first post; I was sorry to understand that you're having some issues with your SIM currently. Thanks for already going through a few checks for us before popping along.

Have you now placed the SIM back into the original slot? 

Have you been able to test another SIM in the phone to see if it is the handset causing the issue or the SIM? 

Keep us posted 🙂 

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: SIM card manager

SIM card manager pops up on my S20+ frequently. It's down to Samsung not Virgin as I am Vodafone and 1p mobile.

As to not displaying the number that is normal when a number has been ported from a different network. Again, same here.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks