Menu
P-L
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

SIM card has stopped working

I have a Huawei P smart 2021. I was using the phone Just before Xmas. 10 minutes after I made a call the sim went to Emergency only. I moved the sim into the sim 2  position but still the same problem, I ordered a new sim from Virgin and purchased a Vodafone card while I waited for the new card to arrive. The new sim arrived but did not work either. Why is it the Vodafone sim works and the Virgin sim(s) do not after all the original sim was working perfectly. Any help would be appreciated as the mobile is the only phone I have (no landline) so can’t ever call virgin to help me.  I’m loosing sanity.

Paul.

[MOD EDIT: Subject title changed for clarity]

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
P-L
Joining in
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Help

Just a quick update. Have been on virgin live help and basically that was useless. I’m now stuck with a SIM card that is totally useless and virgin don’t give a monkeys. 

0 Kudos
Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi P-L,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm very sorry to hear about the issue with your SIM card. 

Do you have another handset you can try the SIM card in?

^Martin

0 Kudos
P-L
Joining in
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I have tried it in various handsets and I get the same result, I have been on virgin online help and because I’m ill and forgot my password they won’t help. I’m now left with a totally useless SIM card (plus the original) I am now looking for a new provider. Cards from other companies ie: Vodafone, O2 etc all work fine, so I know it’s not the phone. The mobile is the only contact I have with the outside world so I must get a card soon. 

0 Kudos
Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Okay, thank you for that information. 

I would like to assist with this and so I will private message you so we can look into this. 

^Martin

0 Kudos
P-L
Joining in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Finally the frustration of Virgin Media wins again. I am going to another provider that treat their customers with respect and compassion. 

0 Kudos
P-L
Joining in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Finally the frustration of Virgin Media wins again. I am going to another provider that treat their customers with respect and compassion. 

0 Kudos
Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Sorry P-L

The answer you gave for the password is still incorrect 

Gareth_L

0 Kudos
P-L
Joining in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I don’t give a monkeys, Virgin Media are now gone. I have now moved to a decent provider who can give me the service I require. 

0 Kudos
Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply P-L

We do wish you all the best with your new supplier, and we are sorry it never worked out with us 

Gareth_L

0 Kudos