cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM cancelled and number lost

robbieg1976
Joining in

I had an Oomph deal and moved house to an island that Virgin do not supply. I cancelled my BB and TV services explaining I need to keep my mobile. I have had my number for 25yrs and it's the number everyone has for me both personal and business. Over a week ago my service was disconnected and I immediately contacted Virgin. The advisor apologised I was cut off without any warning and actioned two things:-

1. Send me a new SIM with a 'temporary number' that I can use.

2. Refer a request to a different team to 'recover my original number' which would take 3-5 working days. I was told I'd receive an email about what was being done.

The replacement SIM arrived but it's useless to me in that no-one knows this number. I am yet to receive an email or anything else regarding the recovery of my number.

PLEASE HELP!!!!! - It is imperative that my old number is recovered. I may well have already lost a lot of income due to people not being able to call and text me.

Thank you in advance of a positive and helpful reply.

2 REPLIES 2

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @robbieg1976, thanks for your post although I'm very sorry to hear of your concerns raised.

The problem here, is that an Oomph package means your Virgin Mobile SIM is completely combined with your BB and TV services so disconnecting these also results in disconnecting the SIM Card too.

Of course if this wasn't explained to you then I do sincerely apologise for this error.

In terms of the number port and where this is at in trying to obtain your old number, I'll need to pop you a PM to discuss this in further detail so please expect this to arrive shortly and respond when you can!

Many thanks

Tom_W

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

You're very welcome @robbieg1976

Regards,

Steven_L