cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM billing CISAS Failed credit check

JFoth
Tuning in

Hi,

I asked Virgin to merge my three pay monthly SIMs into one online account so that I could easily access my bills in one place online. This is a service that VM claim to provide. After 6 months I was convinced that no one in Customer Services is able to facilitate this.

I complained and was ignored. I followed the VM advice on the site and made a complaint to CISAS. An adjudicator considered my case and awarded me the modest financial compensation I sought - I am not trying to take VM to the cleaners! The adjudicator directed VM to assist me to merge my three SIMs into one online account but noted: 

"I am unable to direct the company to merge the customer’s numbers onto one account because such a direction may be dependent on the outcome of further investigations with third parties such as credit referencing agencies."

Despite having been with VM since it was NTL and having never missed a payment/failed a credit check/been denied a service, I then received a message from VM to tell me that they were unable to merge my numbers because I had failed a check with their credit referencing agency.

I then signed up with Equifax as a customer to obtain a credit report and was not surprised to see that they rated me as very low risk and confirmed that there had been no recent checks on my rating. I forwarded this report to the VM credit team who ignored me. I wrote back to tell them they had missed their own deadline for a response. I have today received an automated email from the VM Team to congratulate me on having passed their credit checks and inviting me to proceed with my application to open an account with the company. Words fail me! 

Can anyone on this Board can suggest a way in which I might get someone in the company to actually read my emails to them and finally resolve this (surely very simple) issue?

1 REPLY 1

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @JFoth thanks for posting and welcome back to our community.

I'm sorry to hear you've had issues with merging your mobile accounts and for any impact it may have had on your credit file.  I'd like to help you resolve this.  I am going to send you a private message.

Regards

Lee_R