Menu
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 51 of 59
Flag for a moderator

Re: SIM Swap - loss of service

I assume the phone was originally bought from Virgin. If so you will need an unlock code from them.

Also there may be a specific sequence to undertake to enter that code into your make and model. You may have to Google that as I doubt Virgin will be able to help going on past posts

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 52 of 59
Flag for a moderator

Call 789 for help first, they can give you the unique unlock code for your phone if you supply the imei number ( *#06# , with the sim out).

If you're willing to wait a few days you can also use https://devicesupport.virginmedia.com/customer/imeilookup/ 

I ended up doing both, same code both times but it just didn't work 🤔

I paid £4.99 to an online company, refundable if it doesn't work, for the code.

It arrived eighteen hours later and worked straight away😁

The annoying thing is the VM supplied code had the correct digits but was too long, for some mysterious reason their version had two zero's stuck on at the beginning!

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 53 of 59
Flag for a moderator

Can someone contact regards my number changing please? I transferred my old number from EE but it’s reverted back to the one I was given with my virgin sim. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 54 of 59
Flag for a moderator

Hey Porridge229,

Welcome to the Community Forum!

Sorry to hear that you are also having some issues with your new SIM. 

I will pop you over a PM now so I can take a closer look into this for you.

Please find my message over at the purple envelope.

Many thanks,

Beth

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 55 of 59
Flag for a moderator

Hi StuyW,

Thanks for joining the Community Forum, welcome!

I'm sorry to hear you're having some problems with your mobile number since switching over from EE, this is strange.

Can I ask how you knew that your existing number had ported over to us? Were you able to receive calls from friends/family when they called your 'EE' number?

I would also like to check if you have an iPhone, as once you change your number, you will need to update this from the phone settings so that your iMessage, Facetime calls ect will work with the number you brought over.

If you have access to your online mobile account, what number is stated from there please?

Many thanks,

Beth

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 56 of 59
Flag for a moderator

I rang in yesterday to say i was experiencing no coverage and not being able to send or receive texts ( and now calls ) so have been sent a new sim and have to text ready....but I have no coverage....

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 57 of 59
Flag for a moderator

I received a text some time ago advising I needed a new SIM and needed to reply with my postcode.  I've only just seen this message and am now unable to respond to the text as all sends fail and it appears I no longer have a mobile service.  Can you advise how I get this situation resolved?

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 58 of 59
Flag for a moderator

First,I'm not used to communities so I didn't realise I apparently had to ask direct questions to get a reply from a vm representative?

So here they are...

Why did it cost me to find out that Virgin media had supplied the wrong code twice, and why is an external paid for service faster than a company I've been loyal to for decades? 🤔

Secondly, how can you call this a community? That implies shared information to benefit members whereas the opposite appears to be true.

Even replying to a post pushes free text messaging to keep it private. Where's the community spirit in that?😐

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 59 of 59
Flag for a moderator

Call 789 from a landline ( I had a 15 min wait ), or try the help pages online ( two days for code ). My earlier post describes my experience😐

0 Kudos