Menu
Joining in
Message 41 of 59
Flag for a moderator

Re: SIM Swap - loss of service

Emma,

I have not heard back from you. I would appreciate it if you can resolve this issue as a matter of urgency.

As explained previously, I received a new SIM which is not registering on the network. The message shows 'Emergency Calls Only'.

There was no option to activate or enter a PIN as stated in the instructions. It simply says to insert the SIM and I will receive a text.

I have tried the SIM in different phones. I have credit on my account.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 42 of 59
Flag for a moderator

Sorry about this. 

I've checked my messages and I haven't had a reply to the security questions I've asked. 

If you can reply to them then I'll be able to have a closer look. 

If you're unable to view the message or see it then let me know and I can try sending another. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 43 of 59
Flag for a moderator

I have not received a DM from you. Please can you resend it.

Edit: I have just sent you a test message, to ensure the private messaging is working.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 44 of 59
Flag for a moderator

No worries, I'll send it now. 

Please keep an eye out for it 🙂 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 45 of 59
Flag for a moderator

ERe: SIM Swap - loss of service

Emma, You are not going to help me, are you? I have not received a private message from you.

Please can somebody help me get my number back up and running, and/or provide a guidance on how to leave the network.

I really need the number back as a matter of urgency.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 46 of 59
Flag for a moderator

Re: ERe: SIM Swap - loss of service

I'm really sorry and I'm keen to help but I can assure you I have sent you two private messages. 

It should appear on the right hand side in a purple envelope, you'll also receive a notification via email to say I've sent a message. 

Can you check, if you can see it via email you'll be able to view it from there, or if you can then please pop me a message directly 

Thanks. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 47 of 59
Flag for a moderator

Re: ERe: SIM Swap - loss of service

Emma, I can assure you that I have checked and refreshed. I have received a couple of messages, one of them is a welcome message and the other from the modteam; so there don't seem to be any restrictions. I am receiving notifications for this thread as a subscription. However, no messages from you thus far either in the private mailbox here or via email (yes, I have checked the junk folder too).

I also sent you a test message earlier.

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 48 of 59
Flag for a moderator

Hi - I'm having issues as well,

I got a new SIM card a few weeks ago.

When I insert it, switch on the phone, and try to enter the PIN it responds with a SIM error. From there it just repeats whether I put in the PIN or the PUK. The number of attempts remains at 9, and doesn't go down no matter how many times I try.

I've tried switching off the phone, removing the SIM, replacing it, and trying again, but same thing happens again.

Any ideas ????

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 49 of 59
Flag for a moderator

@Porridge229 wrote:

Hi - I'm having issues as well,

I got a new SIM card a few weeks ago.

When I insert it, switch on the phone, and try to enter the PIN it responds with a SIM error. From there it just repeats whether I put in the PIN or the PUK. The number of attempts remains at 9, and doesn't go down no matter how many times I try.

I've tried switching off the phone, removing the SIM, replacing it, and trying again, but same thing happens again.

Any ideas ????

Yes. Confusing terminology. Whatever the phone says it will require an unlock code which is quite long 

As the SIM PIN and PUK are short numbers they won't register as an unlock attempt, hence still 9

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 50 of 59
Flag for a moderator

Where would I get the unblock code, if not the PIN or PUK?

The guidance that came with it said to put the PIN in.

0 Kudos