Menu
Kev_B
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)
Message 1 of 74
Flag for a moderator

SIM Swap - loss of service

Hi,

If you're experiencing disruptions to your signal, and you haven't yet inserted your new SIM card, you do now need to insert the new SIM card in order to restore service.

You've likely received some reminders from us over the past 30 days advising of what steps to take. If you've experienced any problems with swapping your SIM and you've now lost service, please let us know by replying, and a member of the Forum Team will be in touch to discuss further.

If you're experiencing any other issues with SIM swap, please follow our guidance for further support

Kev

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

GwenS
Joining in
Message 2 of 74
Flag for a moderator

Re: SIM Swap - loss of service

Despite a number of calls to customer service and the web form completed and submitted twice I now have a non-functioning phone. Thanks Virgin. I've worked out that my original phone is too old to work with the SIM originally sent (SIM code invalidated), but requests for a replacement SIM that could be used in my newly-purchased mobile have been ignored.

Is there any hope for my obtaining my pac code so that I can keep my number when I go to another provider?

Peckcolu
Joining in
Message 3 of 74
Flag for a moderator

Help me please 

0 Kudos
Nelsoj
Tuning in
Message 4 of 74
Flag for a moderator

I have received a letter telling me that service will be discontinued in the next few days. I am anxious to avoid this happening, though I have now given up hope of getting help from Virgin. As with many other customers with older phones, I just get the message Sim not valid. 

Keith1999
Tuning in
Message 5 of 74
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kev

Could someone please respond to my post from Saturday?  My new Sim is "not valid".  My old Sim has been deactivated.  I have had no use of my phone since last Thursday.  Full details are in my post.

Thank you.

Keith

Dickyjm2
Tuning in
Message 6 of 74
Flag for a moderator

I have now been waiting 6 weeks for a promised new phone because my existing mobile phone would not work with the new SIM Card that was issued to me. I have telephoned and messaged but promises have come to nothing. No one has taken the trouble to contact me. I believe that Virgin do not want me as a customer!

Discomike
Joining in
Message 7 of 74
Flag for a moderator

My sim was inserted into a sim free phone here in the U.K. and was tested working..managed to make a call...sent it to my friend in Germany and now it won’t connect to any network for roaming..Roaming is turned on, and International call bar is turned off. Can you suggest how to resolve this?

0 Kudos
Dickyjm2
Tuning in
Message 8 of 74
Flag for a moderator

New Sim Card inserted 7 weeks ago and existing mobile phone not compatible and would not work. New mobile phone promised which has still not been received despite numerous chasing up and making a formal complaint which you have not acknowledged. Yes please a member of the Forum Team must contact me.
0 Kudos
Chrisdiga
Tuning in
Message 9 of 74
Flag for a moderator

I have been trying to get my daughter phone sorted out but I can not get through to virgin CustmrSrv. Now we have none functioning phone as it doesn’t have service and I can not get through to anyone. It frustrating and Virgin is not doing anything. I like terminating all of my contract with virgin including the tv / broadbands package.  Did anyone know the right numbers to contact virgin as the one online seems not to be managed by anyone.

paulnick
Joining in
Message 10 of 74
Flag for a moderator

They really are a disgrace. They are cutting off vunerable people who have done nothing wrong. It's Virgins **bleep** up. Many people are in this situation and Virgin just ignore the problem.

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2020/09/frustration-as-virgin-media-uk-issue-invalid-mobile-si...

You should really try https://www.cedr.com/consumer/cisas/ and raise a complaint if like me Virgin ignore your efforts to contact them.

Why not raise it with Martyn Lewis?