Menu
MrThommo67
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

SIM Registration Failed

My father has a basic mobile phone with a virgin PAYG SIM (i.e. no monthly topup, just topup when credit needed). He likes to go for walks, so he carries it for emergency use only. During Covid he has been self isolating, and so the phone has been charged up but not used (i.e. no text or calls) for a few months. He gave it to me a couple of weeks ago, and it was saying 'SIM registration failed'. I rang virgin customer services, and they said the sims were all replaced and new sims sent out, but because my dad was on PAYG and had never created an online account (topup via supermarket) the new SIM was not sent out. I received a new SIM in the post this week and when I put the new SIM in, it still says 'SIM registration failed'. I have left it on for a couple of days + turned off/on a few times but still no good. I have also tried it in other phones with the same message displayed. I have read on the community that if it is not used in 90 days, the number is deleted - but if this is the case, why was I sent a replacement SIM ? - please help.

0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: SIM Registration Failed

I've escalated this for you.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: SIM Registration Failed

Hi MrThommo67,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, I am sorry to hear you your fathers pay as you go sim has stopped working, do you know when this was last used or topped up, if a Pay as you go phone isn't topped up or a chargeable call isn't made in a 90 days period the sim is terminated and unable to be activated again.

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos