Menu
teddy9pins
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

SIM Invalid

Virgin sent messages requesting confirmation of my postcode by text in order to send a replacement SIM. I responded and then received message that new SIM had been sent. It never arrived so I had several goes ringing and eventually got someone who agreed to send another SIM. New SIM finally arrived but the day before it did my old SIM was deactivated by Virgin - SOS calls only Invalid SIM.

I have put in the new Virgin SIM but it still displays Invalid SIM. I have tried powering phone off and on, and also taking the SIM in and out but nothing works. There have been no messages and I was not asked for a PIN.

My mobile phone was new in October 2019 and is a DORO 6520, the previous SIM was Virgin. Payment is by Pay as You Go. This mobile phone replaced an older one, also used with Virgin. I have not used any other supplier.

Change is inevitable but it must be supported by good process. Mobile phones are a lifeline to the elderly and vulnerable. I am age 88 and live alone, I need this phone for emergency calls. Can someone help me to resolve this quickly?

0 Kudos
Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: SIM Invalid

Thanks for posting teddy9pins

I am really sorry you've not yet received your new SIM. I'd like to look into this further for you. To enable me to do so, I am going to send you a private message.  Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of your screen.

Regards

Lee_R

0 Kudos
teddy9pins
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Many thanks for your response. In mean time I telephoned Customer Care again and this time got I through to a very helpful young lady who has managed to activate the SIM from afar. I was unable to figure out how to close my enquiry to the forum.

0 Kudos
Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi teddy9pins

Just a quick post to ask if your issue is resolved, you're satisfied with the efforts of the forum team?  Remember if you need help in the future, our team and fantastic community are always willing to lend a hand:-)

Regards

Lee_R

0 Kudos