Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

SIM Card not received

I had my Virgin Broadband installed 6 days ago. However, haven't received my 5GB SIM card as part of Oomph package. I have tried phoning plus have done the text queries. Going around in circles, no one helps. I have passed over all my details numerous times but still no SIM. ( I am a key worker)

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: SIM Card not received

Oomph are dealt with by a dedicated team. Dialing normal Virgin Mobile CS will be none productive.

If you have a Virgin phone installed 150 will get you through 

If you already have a Virgin mobile number they can also transfer that to your Oomph bundle

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

The whole point is that I don't have a Virgin phone, I haven't received my SIM so I don't have a Virgin number. I have tried phoning and each time I give up after 20 minutes because it's using up all my remaining minutes. I have tried the text service multiple times but when someone does finally get back to me, they say wrong department and move me on, without anything getting sorted. I am reaching desperation point 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

This is the only extra info I have

I believe the people who handle this are called the FMC team (no idea what that means)

Could try 0345 454 1111 and ask for them

It's worked for someone in the past

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I will give it a try, thanks, it's kind of you to take the time.

Unfortunately, my experience of phoning is of not getting through or finally getting through but not being the right department, so cannot help. The number of minutes left is diminishing rapidly. All I want is the SIM to be delivered and, if it has been lost in the post, for Virgin to send out a new one.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

After another hour on the phone, I finally got to speak to someone. Unfortunately, I was informed that the mobile part of the Oomph bundle hasn't been set up as the matter had been referred to the fraud team and that the broadband shouldn't have been able to go ahead in the first place without them contacting me! Near in mind, that all this was set up over a month ago! I am still none the wiser and I have to wait for the fraud team to contact me, whenever that will be, then start the process of getting a SIM all over again, as a new order, even though it's meant to be part of my Oomph package. I was given a direct number to the fraud team but they are not taking calls. By the way, I am unaware of anything I could have possibly done which is remotely fraudulent!!!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Suttonteacher, 

Welcome to our community forums! 

I am really sorry you've had problems setting up a new account. 

It normally takes our fraud team 48 hours to get back in touch, but as you can appreciate with the current situation it might take longer than usual. 

What I can do for you is check the account and make sure the correct process has been completed on the account and advise of any updates. In order to get your details I have sent you a private message please reply when you can. 

Many thanks, 

Hetty_R
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Only just seem this, as notification went to junk holder.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Still no contact, still no SIM 😞 What more can I do?

Note that the order was originally for Oomph package was  placed 17th Feb. The broadband was installed a week and a half ago but still no SIM and no contact from the fraud team ( though I have no idea why it's been referred to the fraud team)!

0 Kudos