cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM Activation problem ongoing

AndyMoet
Joining in

Hi,

I received a replacement SIM around 3 months ago. I tried activating it but got the "No Service" message on screen. I called customer services and they said there was a problem with the SIM card and the tech team needed to look into it. They told me I would receive a call in the next few days and it would be sorted. I waited a week and no call came.

I recalled customer services and again they told me that there was a problem and the tech team will definitely call me in the next few days. I told them that I'd already gone through this process and nobody called. They assured me someone would call. I waited a week, but again, no call came. 

When I realised a few weeks later that nobody would actually call me I made a complaint. A few days later I got a letter in the post saying sorry and if I could call customer services they will definitely sort it out for me. So again I called them and they said yes we see your problem and the manager will personally call you in a few days and definitely sort the problem out. Waited 2 weeks, and of course, no call came. 

That's 3 separate calls I was promised and nobody bothered to call me. It's pretty frustrating to be ignored like this. So 2 weeks ago I made another complaint explaining my situation with references from the last complaint asking if anybody at all could respond to me and get my SIM activated. This time I didn't even get a reply. No letter, email or call.

I have the full Virgin oomph bundle and pay a large monthly subscription fee and seemingly nobody wants to help me get my SIM activated. I didn't think it was too much to ask. 

I've now had the SIM card for over 2 months sitting there doing nothing and I'm out of ideas.

Can anyone here help?

Cheers

Andy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @AndyMoet,

Welcome to our Community Help Forum 🙂

Thank you for making your first post regarding the activation issue that's been on going with your SIM card. I am so sorry to hear that you are still getting "No Service" on your screen.

I have taken a look further into this for you and shall send you a private message concerning this now. Please look out for the purple envelope and get back to me when you can.

Best wishes,

Serena

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @AndyMoet,

Welcome to our Community Help Forum 🙂

Thank you for making your first post regarding the activation issue that's been on going with your SIM card. I am so sorry to hear that you are still getting "No Service" on your screen.

I have taken a look further into this for you and shall send you a private message concerning this now. Please look out for the purple envelope and get back to me when you can.

Best wishes,

Serena

Thanks