Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

SCAM TEXTS

Hi all, just wanted to let everyone know (even if alot of you are already aware)! about the scam texts that are going about! They honestly looked legit to me, came through on Virgin Media Messages on my Tab advising me that there was a problem in pre authorising my monthly payment and I was to update my details, to avoid suspension of all services. Obviously I didn't realise it wasn't  Virgin until I did click on the link and then Thank God, a message came up alerting to an unsafe site. So I immediately deleted. Fingers crossed, I don't suffer the consequence of opening the text!!! Did attempt to speak to Virgin about this, but was on hold for nearly an hour and I got to get to work, so gave up. Just thought I'd give people the heads up - although most of you are probably all aware of this scam! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: SCAM TEXTS

Yes. They are after your Bank Details.

Virgin are aware, as are other operators. Advice with such messages is first forward to 7726 then delete 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: SCAM TEXTS

Hey - sam162, 

Thank you for your post. 

Really appreciate you taking your time out to make others aware 🙂 It's sad that a time we're all under these things still take place. 

@enlli - thank you for the helpful information. 

Cheers. 

Ryan_N - Forum Team - https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/WelcomeGoodFolk
0 Kudos