Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Rude customer service

I just signed a new contract for virgim mobile and recieved phone and sim on Friday. Since then I can't activate my sim so cannot use my phone.I've been trying to get through to them all weekend, and when I did eventually today (Sunday) the women was so rude and then she put the phone down on me. I'm so annoyed, I have not been able to use my phone all weekend and now I just want to cancel my contract with them before it's even started. Such bad customer service !! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Rude customer service

now I just want to cancel my contract with them before it's even started

Well, you've usually got fourteen days from when the service commences.  Assuming that VM deem that service commenced on Friday, you're now down to twelve days and counting.  After that you're locked in with heavy penalties for cancellation.  So if that's what you want to do, send a text advising that you wish to cancel to VM on 07533016422, and they should call you back (even if they don't this will protect your legal right to cancel, as you've given notice within the cooling off period).

If VM call back, they will try and persuade you to stay. Be prepared, know whether you would be prepared to stay, whether there's conditions on staying, or whether you've already made your mind up.  If it helps, VM customer service has always been diabolical, whether mobile or cable.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Rude customer service

Hi Sherry1974, thanks for getting in touch.

I am sorry to hear you've had problems activating your SIM - apologies also for any bad experience when getting in touch with the teams on the phone.

Did you follow the activation instructions that came with it? If so, what happened specifically - are there any error messages on display or anything like that?

If you still need help with the activation now please send me a PM confirming the mobile number and I'll get back to you asap.

I hope you've reconsidered cancellation but if that is the route you would rather go down at this stage unfortunately that's not something we can assist with via the community - you would need to call 789/ 0345 600 0789 or send a text to +44753 305 1809.

Tom

0 Kudos