Menu
Turbomicra
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Rubbish customer service

I've been with Virgin Media for a while. Always paid on time and never really complaint but damn do you guys suck.

My main phone broke and I've been using my backup, a Samsung s5 from the very start of the month. I thought I'd upgrade my plan and get the Samsung s21.

Fast forward being on the phone for 41 minutes it looked like the deal had gone through. They did tell me that the phone will be on backorder and I may have to wait a week or two. No problem, I am patient enough. 

2 weeks almost go by and the only thing I had been messaged was my plan was being upgraded. No email about the phone, no confirmation...Nothing. 

I checked up with the support team and they confirmed that there wasn't even a phone on the way. I waited two weeks for nothing and spent 48 minutes on the phone for no reason. The person on the live chat was absolutely ridiculous as well. She didn't give even care about me. She would reply whenever she wanted too and even had the nerve to tell me that her shift was ending and someone else can deal with it. Anne, if you're reading this. Go **bleep** yourself. The person shortly after her was equally not suited for the job. They didn't bother to respond or read the chat from previous log.

Props to the next person I spoke to today who was actually really good. Unfortunately the deal for the phone had change from the 7th and it was more expensive today than It was then. There's no way I'd pay extra for that level of customer service and the fact I was kept waiting anxiously for two weeks. 

Thanks for nothing. Now I'm trying to cancel my data plan amongst all my other services at different properties. When I'm cancelling my dataplan it won't even let me log in, not that it ever has.

So how the **bleep** do I leave this place. As I do not want to be with Virgin media any longer

0 Kudos
Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Rubbish customer service

Hi @Turbomicra,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I am so sorry to hear of your recent experience with trying to upgrade your Virgin Mobile package and handset. I'm not sure what would've happened here, but I assure you the mix up would not have been intentional.

Unfortunately, I'm afraid that we're unable to assist with processing a package change (upgrade or downgrade), order a new handset, or process a cancellation request from here. If you wish to discuss options, please contact the retentions department who can go through it all with you.

For Virgin Media, you can contact them by calling 150 (free of charge) from a Virgin Media landline, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone.

For Virgin Mobile, you can contact them by calling 789 (free of charge) from a Virgin Mobile handset, or 0345 6000 789 from any other phone.

If you don't wish to call, all of our other contact information can be found via the Contact Us page on our website.

If there's anything else that we can assist you with, please do let us know.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
JoeKing1VM
Superfast
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Rubbish customer service

@Turbomicra I feel your pain. It's all to common with Virgin, you only have to look on the forum or elsewhere on the net to find similar issues.

The service from Sales & Customer Services has gone down hill rapidly over the year's.  If you did this via a phone call your order that is ask to speak with management and ask for the transcript of your order which they should have. This should give you some weight to your dispute.

Its common practice for me to take names or user ID, times and dates of agent that I speak with this can help in case's like this. 

Joe

0 Kudos