Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Rogue text messages

I sent two text messages to a tradesperson arranging an appointment and then, eight hours later, a follow up message as he had not turned up for the appointment.

He came today and on his phone, in between my two messages were two messages, one cancelling the appointment, and an acknowledgement from him, then another message suggesting rebooking the appointment and another message from him acknowledging that. So that was four messages that do not appear on my screen. The two messages sent from my number were definitely not sent from my phone.

I telephoned customer service and spoke to the the most unhelpful person, who suggested I was overreacting because why would anyone want to hack my phone, and anyway what I was reporting was not possible. So, does anyone have any suggestion as to what's going on here. The tradesman gave me a screenshot showing the messages. Should I let it go, or does it need looking into?

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Rogue text messages

Was it an apple Imessage? 

I work for Virgin Media and my posts are my own opinions
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

No, just normal text messages on a Samsung Galaxy S10. It's a new phone. Only just got it less than two weeks ago..

Virgin has dealt so badly with this thatI think my only option isto terminate the contract. Im sending the phone back.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for the post Mmaxk10.

Can we please confirm what appointment this was? Was this in regards to a fault or an installation? Have you recently changed your number or had this ported over?

Let us know, Emily.

0 Kudos