cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming not working in Germany help!

andreacdalton
Just joined

We have travelled today from uk through France (phone worked fine) have entered Germany and now cannot get a phone signal or data roaming .

me and my son both have virgin phones and neither work!

all our phone settings etc are all correct and I have followed all other people’s advice and still no joy!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hopefully, VoLTE has been enabled for Germany as there is now no 3G and I'm not sure what the position is with German networks. I know the USA, which is in the same position, won't let you roam without it being switched on 

Have you done a manual network search and tried each network in turn?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

iphoneX
Joining in
me and my wife are in Berlin now and the dame problem

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hopefully, VoLTE has been enabled for Germany as there is now no 3G and I'm not sure what the position is with German networks. I know the USA, which is in the same position, won't let you roam without it being switched on 

Have you done a manual network search and tried each network in turn?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

I’ve tried testing each provider separately it still says no service 😩

Same problem. Dropped out about 5.30pm and nothing since.

I have been here since Sunday and it has been fine until now.

Hi Andreacdalton 👋 sorry to hear about these issues with your roaming service abroad! 

Can you please try resetting your roaming settings via your online account 👉 https://virg.in/myvmapp. It should then come on within 24 hours of being activated. Let us know how you get on!

Thank you 🌞 All the best. 

Molly