cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming not working in France

ibby
Tuning in

Hi,

My data roaming is not working in France. I have a Samsung and it used to work perfectly fine previously, but for these holidays I have not been able to get any data connection. It also often shows me the crossed circle sign, as if I had no sim card, whereas it worked fine in the UK. Even when I have 4 connection bars and I turn on the roaming etc it does not work.

Could you please help?

Thank you

7 REPLIES 7

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @ibby, thanks for reaching out to us and a warm welcome to the Virgin Media forums.

I'm sorry to hear about the issues with roaming abroad.
May I ask if the calls and text messages work fine as you have mentioned issues with the data.
Are you also able to connect to the local network manually and come off auto connect in the settings?

Android:
Select Apps from the Home screen or swipe to access
Select the Virgin SIM toolkit option. Depending on the SIM slot the SIM is in this may be ‘Virgin’ or ‘Virgin2’
Select Roaming
Select Select Mode
Select Manual
Select International

Let us know how it goes.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi,

I have tried the above and nothing is working, through the SIM toolkit as well as manually connecting: I can manually choose networks but I cannot get any 3G or 4G. I can also text and call without issue.

Kind regards,

Irene

Thanks for coming back to us ibby,

We're sorry to hear that the sim toolkit has not helped. Can we ask if you have been able to try your sim card in another handset, just so we can eliminate this.

Can we also ask if you have performed a reboot of your handset and tried to manually search for a network again?

Please come back to us when you have tried the above, and we will send you a private message to check your account from our end.

Kind regards Jodi. 

Hi, 

I have rebooted it many times and nothing is working. I also cannot take my sim card out at the moment as I am on holiday and do not have anything on hand to do so (and no extra handset).

Thanks, 

Irene

Thanks for coming back to us ibby, I have tried a profile refresh, please can you turn your handset off and back on again one more time and let me know if that works at all?

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

Hi, 

It did not end up working, no clue what the problem was... 😞 back in London now and 4G is working again.

Thanks for the help anyway. 

Hi ibby, thanks for the message and sorry to hear that the roaming was not working when overseas. 

Before you go please ensure that you activate the roaming as this will need to be done in the UK. 

Please let us know if you need anything? 

Chris.