cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming not working in France

Blackberryipod
On our wavelength

Hi,

I am a virgin media oomph customer with  virtual Sim. All working well in the UK.

I arrived in France on Monday, since then I just cannot use my iPhone 13 for calls or internet unless I’m on Wi-Fi. Even then calls won’t work.

the only exception is if I put in in airplane mode, it joins a carrier and I get 20 seconds of 4G data before it drops.

My virgin mobile account has roaming enabled, I tried mobile data - sim applications. Roaming - manual - international, restarted the iPhone. Still no good. It’s very frustrating. Any ideas?

2 REPLIES 2

Blackberryipod
On our wavelength

Just fixed it myself by logging into the app via virgin media. Turned out via the app it said roaming was disabled. Now I have enabled it it is working.

funny the website said it was enabled!

Hi @Blackberryipod,

Welcome back to our Community Forums! Thank you for your post and I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing some issues with your Roaming while abroad!

I'm glad to see that you were able to resolve this issue by enabling your Roaming via the app! Very strange that the website was showing different details!

You can also check our Roaming in France page to ensure you have all the correct settings. 

If there's anything else we can do to help, please let us know. We're here to assist.

Thank you! 🙂

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs