cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming not available in Bangladesh

mbrashid2
Joining in

Hello,

I am trying to get my SMS in Bangladesh but roaming is not available. When I entered the country it was working fine and I got an SMS saying that I will be charged when I am Bangladesh for service. Now it is not working and I do not get any signal at all. I have another handset with an EE sim which is working fine. I have enabled roaming and done the steps below and restarted my phone.

Settings -> mobile data -> SIM Applications (near bottom) -> tap "Roaming"  -> tap "Select Mode"

I found that "automatic" is selected by default.

Tap manual-> then choose International

Is there anything else I can try - I need access to the SMS

8 REPLIES 8

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @mbrashid2,

Thanks for your post, and welcome to our Forums!

Sorry to hear you're having problems with Roaming in Bangladesh. As you've received the text message to say your services will be charged, this indicates that you've connected to the local network successfully. If your services had suddenly stopped working, it could be for various reasons.

Can you please check to see if you have a Spend Cap active on your account and if so, if it has been hit? You can view and amend your Spend Cap directly in your Virgin Mobile app by heading to Services > Edit your Spending cap.

Cheers, 

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

Currently, it is set to uncapped with no extra spend. Also, receiving SMS messages are free?

You can see all the charges for your service for each country via our roaming hub here

Did you set up your mobile for roaming before you left the Uk? You can see how to set up your mobile to work abroad here

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Yes, I set up roaming before I left. It was working initially but stopped. I have updated my android phone to the latest version. The sim is in sim card slot 1. The APM is set to goto.virginmedia.uk

Thank you for confirming this @mbrashid2

Let's take a look at the account to investigate further. Please join me on private message so I can locate your account and pass account security. You can see your private messages at the top of the page, in the envelope icon. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

I have sent the account details in private chat. Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help get this resolved.

Hello,

My sim is currently showing as emergency calls only. Does my sim need to be activated?

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi mbrashid2, 

Our apologies for the delay in response.

We have received your message and have have sent a reply. 

Speak soon, 

Nat