cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming, no audio

kroakie1
On our wavelength

I am currently in Spain and I am having problems with receiving calls. The phone rings but when I answer there is silence, I cannot hear the caller and they cannot hear me. I can call them back and all is good. I have tried my SIM in a different phone and get the same problem. I have a relatively new SIM card and I had the same problem with the old SIM card.

Do you have any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thank you for that information. Are all the numbers Virgin Mobile SIM cards?

^Martin

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

41 REPLIES 41

Nathan_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @korakie1, welcome back to our forum and thanks for your post.

I'm sorry to see that you are having issues with hearing when receiving calls abroad. As you have tried the sim in another phone it seems like this could be either a sim or network issue.

Just to double check everything is as it should be, I would recommend going through our diagnostics page here to see if this helps with the issue.

If you still get the same after checking this let us know, we will be happy to assist further.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

MillerG
Tuning in

Can someone @ Virgin please fix this? Tried the helpline ang got Spanish answerphone.

Hi there @MillerG, welcome to our forum and thanks for your post.

Just to confirm, are you having the same issue as the OP? If so, have you been able to go through the support link provided to  see if this helps?

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

kroakie1
On our wavelength

Hi 

Thanks for your reply. We have 2 phones and both have same problem.

After over an hour on the chat line, Virgin have confirmed there is a problem with receiving calls whilst roaming.

This doesn't help. I spend 6 months of the year in Spain, so need a reliable phone service.

So I will probably look for another supplier on my return.

Thank you for that information kroakie1.

We'd be very sorry to see you leave. Did the team you spoke with advise if there was anything that could be done to resolve this?

^Martin

kroakie1
On our wavelength

The answer was we are aware of the problem and are working on it. I've had the problem for over 6 months, so it's not new.

I've been with Virgin since they first started rolling out fibre broadband, so reluctant to change. But I spend a lot of time in Spain and can't receive phone calls. Many numbers I can't call back because they are the generic switchboard numbers, so I don't know who is calling. Also on many occasions, the calls will not even connect to voicemail.

I can certainly appreciate your frustration with that kroaskie1. To confirm, this is happening in different locations? 

^Martin

kroakie1
On our wavelength

Yes, everywhere, with good 4g coverage. Also on 2 different phones with different numbers.

Thank you for that information. Are all the numbers Virgin Mobile SIM cards?

^Martin