cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming in Isle of Man not working

PRG2
Tuning in

Dear Virgin Mobile,

I've just arrived in the Isle of Man and have no phone service at all. When I found these help pages I find that this is a problem that has been going on for years with numerous posts.

I find it amazing that you've not managed to fix this problem after all of this time and that customers keep having the same issue!

94 REPLIES 94

Thanks for coming back to me AHirst44

I am sorry it's still the same. I have done another check so I shall PM you now to discuss further.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hi

I am just back from the Isle of Man. I discovered on arrival that my phone wouldn't connect to any network despite roaming being on. I searched and found this forum and followed the advice to change the settings on the sim toolkit. My phone then connected to Manx telecom and 4G came up on my phone. Hooray, I thought, but no I had no data service. I tried restarting the phone but it still didn't allow me any data.

Others, both roaming UK phones and Manx phones, could now phone me but I couldn't phone them!

Any ideas for my next trip?

Hi @IoMvisitor,

Welcome to our community forums and thank you for your first post.

Sorry to hear you have been having roaming issues in the Isle of Man. We can understand the inconvenience caused and want to best help. You can find all the relevant information here https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-roaming-hub/The-Isle-of-Man. Please let us know how this goes and if you need any further help.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thank you for your reply.

I obviously didn't make myself clear enough in my initial post. I followed ALL of the advice posted by Virgin and by others in this forum and I still didn't have any data nor could I make any calls. 

How do I solve this?

Thank you for letting me know @IoMvisitor.

Did you experience this loss of services in multiple locations in Isle of Man or just one? Was your roaming switched on in your Network settings? You can find out more here https://www.virginmedia.com/help/mobile/using-virgin-mobile-abroad

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

Yes, roaming was switched on - "Manx Telecom 4G" appeared on my phone. This was the case the entire time I was on the Island (one week) in all locations.

Just to confirm, did any other networks turn up in your network listing? Was this the only one available?

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

There was another network the name of which I cannot remember. When I selected this I did not have any signal.

In this case, to further investigate this, I have sent you a private message. Please look out for a purple envelope and provide a response when you can.

Thanks, 

Akua_A
Forum Team

philguk
On our wavelength

This is the same issue the rest of us have been reporting for YEARS. It would be good if Virgin actually accepted that this is THEIR problem and took steps to address it. But I have zero faith that will ever happen