Menu
ashishkjoshi
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Roaming in India

Hi,

I am in India at this time and not able to connect to a network in most places. I have been able to connect whilst in Mumbai or in places which still have the Vodafone network but most cities such as Pune or Indore do not have the Vodafone network since the merger of Vodafone and Idea networks in India. 

I have tried all the solutions on offer including manual network selection but my Virgin Mobile refuses to connect to any network. 

Do you guys not have any tie up in India for roaming services?? My work is seriously hampered

Ash 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Roaming in India

Because they have no network of their own roaming on Virgin is governed by Proximus of Belgium.

Looking at their website it seems it varies who you can use between different parts of India 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

ashishkjoshi
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Enlli,

Thanks for your message. I have checked on Proximus website. They have a tie up with almost all cellular networks in India and going by that my Virgin Mobile should connect to any of these networks but sadly it does not. 

I'm in serious need of my UK number to work and hence looking for help. 

Ash

0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

As this is a Community Forum it may take time for one of the team to get to you. I doubt if the call centre staff have the knowledge to deal with this and it will probably have to be escalated to technical. Not good news.

I'm sure you have tried but have you done manual network searches and tried to log on to each network in turn?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

ashishkjoshi
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Have tried that but to no avail. Have tried calling up the Virgin Mobile team for a solution but not getting through. 

Ash

0 Kudos
Melissa_F
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ash, 

Thanks for your post. 

I'm really sorry you've had problems connecting to a network whilst in India. I can appreciate you need to be able to use your phone. 

Can you please follow the below instructions:

For Android:

Select Apps from the Home Screen
Select Virgin SIM Toolkit Icon
Select Roaming
Select Select Mode
Select Manual
Select International-you are done, go back to Home Screen

For iOS:

Select Settings from the Home Screen
Select Phone Icon
Select SIM Applications