cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming in Guernsey

MarieSwift
Joining in

Hi. I’m roaming in Guernsey and can’t get a network. Previously I’ve followed the instructions and changed to international via sim application’s however that’s no longer in my settings. Anyone know what else to do? 

8 REPLIES 8

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey MarieSwift, thank you for reaching out and a warm welcome to the community I am sorry to hear you are having some data issues.

Have you made sure roaming is turned on in the app?

Also you can flick in and out of aeroplane mode this should help.

You can also make sure your spend cap is set a little bit bigger and this should help it. Thanks

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Thanks but have done all that. Followed steps however the sim application is missing from my setting to can’t change to international! 

Please can you let me know what phone you have and is it fully updated?

With your phone are you getting any signal bars at all, does it also show any 4G/ 3G/ 5G? Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Hi. It’s an iPhone 13 pro and yes fully updated. I’m getting no network signal at all. 

Okay you need to go to settings --> mobile date ---> mobile data options---> turn data roaming on ---? wait a few minutes for it to come online if it doesn't turn phone on / off and this should work no problem. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

I’ve already done that and switched it off numerous times. Also switched network selection to manual and selected various local networks. 

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you no longer have the SIM Toolkit then you are basically stuffed. It's come up before and all the things suggested will just not work.

Your SIM sees the +44 prefix and does not believe it is roaming, but the networks there see different.

Being able to select International in the Toolkit got round that.

The Toolkit will not be required once you are moved over to O2 propper, but Virgin in their infinite wisdom have jumped the gun.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thank you for letting me know this, I am going to send you a PM so see if we can do anything from our side.

Please look out for the purple envelope. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?