cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming charges

Bally777
Joining in

Had a nightmare in Corfu last week. Unable to receive calls and picked up zone 3 charges for data as if I was in Albania. Still trying to sort final credit to my account but customer services not at all helpful.

4 REPLIES 4

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Bally777,

Thanks for your post, and a warm welcome to our Forums.

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to locate an account using your Forum details. Can you please confirm whether you are using a Virgin Mobile SIM or an O2 SIM?

If you're with Virgin Mobile and you're using our services in the EU, you are subject to our Fair Use Policy. If you exceed our Fair Use Limits, you will be subject to the standard charges for your location. You can calculate your total allowance, here - if this has been reached, then it would also lead to call and text charges.

Cheers,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

Hi Reece

It’s a Virgin Mobile SIM and I haven’t got anywhere close to my data allowance. I’m just being charged as if I was I Albania which is zone 3 when I was actually staying in Greece. Incredibly frustrating.

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Bally777,

Thanks for your swift response and confirmation. Your data allowance would be different to your fair use allowance/limit. So I can assist you further, I'm going to send you a private message.

Please look out for it in the top-right of the Forums, in the purple envelope.

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

Being in the EU, but close to non EU countries is a common problem. I'm certain the Albanian masts are more powerful than the Greek ones in Corfu just to catch people out with data charges. A bit late now, but I'd advise to manually connect to networks rather than auto connect.

Hopefully the forum team will be able to sort this for you...