cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ridiculous Problems - Account/Cancellation

TikTak
On our wavelength

Hey all. 

I've got a set of ridiculous issues (typically its Virgin again) and I'm absolutely at my wits end with it.

Back in Dec/Jan I purchased 2 SIMs to use on a monthly basis for a few months ( whilst signed into an OLD account 10+ years). The transaction failed for some reason and a web chat popped up for help. I completed the transaction with the very helpful staff via the chat.

Come end of March I didn't need these anymore so I went to cancel. The process was to sign in to the online account and then go via the steps. Neither number had an online account, and they didn't appear under the "all accounts" section in my really old account. 

Trying to register the number against a new email the process fails saying these numbers are already registered. 

I spent 3 1/2 hours speaking to support to try and sort this and they simply could not. I asked them to just cancel them as I didn't have any more time to waste on this (for reference I had a Lebara SIM too and the whole process took 3 mins). 

Fast forward to today and the letter through the door saying they're getting the debt collectors in for £24. I've spoken to about 10 engineers, via 4 different numbers, been hung up on 4 times and last but not least tried to speak to the complaints dept. 

I missed his name but I spoke a really rude guy who was laughing down the phone at me, telling me I couldn't read properly as the mobile numbers would be on the letter (they're not) and telling me how I was going to get billed forever if I couldn't work out how to sign up online. Eventually I lost my rag and, even if it was accurate, called him a patronizing **bleep**, which I shouldn't have. He hung up.

Ultimately what he said before then was that I'll never pass GDPR without an online account because no passwords etc have been set. Great, because after over 3 hours of troubleshooting we can't get that registered, not to mention I now don't have the SIM cards so can't do the text auth. They won't send me new SIMs to try either, because I don't pass GDPR. I asked him to put me through to, or log the complaint which he also said "we can't do because you don't have an account". 

So round and round ... what the hell do I do? 

1 REPLY 1

Joseph_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @TikTak,

Welcome back to the Community Forums and thanks for the post.

Sorry to see you have been experiencing this issue. You certainly shouldn't have this hard a time looking to rectify this, what I can do for you is invite you in for a quick private message so that we can confirm some details about the account and the numbers, if you have not used this feature before you can access it via the envelope at the top of your screen.

Speak to you soon. Joe