Menu
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Riddle me This - Incoming Calls going straight to Voicemail

Hi

This is the second time of posting this after the first one 'vanished'

Bought a new phone (pixel 4a) Old phone working fine. Swapped SIM into new phone yesterday. Set it all up. Restored apps and docs to new phone. Made outgoing call last night - no problem

Saturday - made test call to the new one, went straight to voicemail. Reset phone, set it up vanilla - same issue. Phoned support. Nice lady said there was an issue with Voicemail, reset it, said to power off, wait two mins and restart. Did that - all good.

Blank phone - reset and restored data. Issue returned. Phoned support, told me to reset network settings - no change. Tried to reset voicemail - no change. The guy said it was due to mast issues in the area (I have since checked EE Status and all fixed) Told him to do what the lady did and he said he had (didn't believe him)

Mentioned that my wife and daughter are also on Virginmobile and it's not happening to them. He said that the work must be only affecting my SIM. Yeah...right.

Reset network again tonight and same. He told me to ring on Monday if no change. So, in a nutshell:

• Incoming calls going straight to voicemail
  • Have reset phone and network - no change
  • Two other phones in the house on Virginmobile - all work fine
  • Set preferred call type to 3G and no change.

Please lovely Virgin help people - could you assist please? It's 2020, I should have bought a second hand iPod touch if I knew the calls wouldn't be working fully. Thanks

0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Riddle me This - Incoming Calls going straight to Voicemail

Update. 

Drove about 5 miles and it worked. How can the mast issue only affect my phone?

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Just a thought. I know your phone is technically not supported by Virgin for WiFi calling but is it switched on?

Just been reports of incoming calls not working with it active

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply  - no it's off.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi simonbt

Have you ever been able to get this service to work for incoming calls/texts in the past on the same device?

Have you been able to test on a different WiFi network?

What about if you text your own number when using WiFI calling, what happens?

Chris

0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Chris

Spoke with Cust Services again. Tried a fix and nothing (this was last week) Told me that it was issues with the mast in my area and to try it again last Monday. I had given up by then as I had been on for a couple of hours both on the Saturday and Sunday. 

I phoned up again on the Thursday and they agreed to send a new SIM out and thankfully this has now resolved the issue. It was weird as I had a new SIM in anyway. I think this can be marked as resolved. Thanks for your reply

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Great news, thanks for coming back to us with the above information and this will help others. Please let if you need anything else -  Have a good day. Chris 

0 Kudos