Menu
Irenec
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Reveiving SMS from abriad

Hi,

I am in the UK and can't receive SMS messages from abroad, I have to receive verification codes from my bank in Bulgaria to pay utilities in my apt there, I got the codes no problem when I was with Vodafone but since swapping to Virgin they no longer work. Can anyone help please.

0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Reveiving SMS from abriad

This may be to do with this long standing thread.  Virgin seem to have a problem with these types of text full stop. 11+ months and counting 

@Irenec wrote:

Hi,

I am in the UK and can't receive SMS messages from abroad, I have to receive verification codes from my bank in Bulgaria to pay utilities in my apt there, I got the codes no problem when I was with Vodafone but since swapping to Virgin they no longer work. Can anyone help please.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-Mobile/Issues-receiving-OTP-text-messages-Santander/td-p...

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Irenec
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thank you,

I didn't see that thread, that explains a lot but not sure what I'll do if they don't get a fix for it, I have to pay utilities and obviously I can't get over there at the moment 😥

Thanks again for your help

0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

You can make sure WiFi Calling is turned off. That seems to stop text getting through in some circumstances.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Irenec
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thank you, Wi-Fi calling is off,  I'll just have to hope Virgin fixes this problem. Thanks for your help

0 Kudos