Menu
Darrensunion
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Restricted phone/restriction code

A family friend has asked me to help with his phone.  He got the new purple sim which he wanted to be put into the old Nokia phone he has and wants to continue using. 

The codes provided with the letter do not work. 

I messaged virgin media and received an unlock code but that did not work. Its still saying restricted phone and needs a restriction code. 

I looked at a similar question.. But the answer isn't something i can do. By sim adaptor.

Is there anything anyone can do please.  I have tried to use the live chat feature which sucked to high heaven. 

0 Kudos
Ryan_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Restricted phone/restriction code

Hi Darrensunion, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the forums. 

I'm sorry about this, unfortunately we have had problems with unlocking Nokia handsets. I would be able to sort this for you, but I would need you to pass security as 3rd party, do you have the details to be able to do that? 

Cheers. 

Ryan_N - Forum Team - https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/WelcomeGoodFolk
0 Kudos
Darrensunion
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for getting back to me.  

My friends decided to continue with the smartphone he has been using whilst I've had his Nokia.  Thank you again though, but no I dont think id have all the info you'd need. 

0 Kudos
Ryan_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Not a problem at all. If you do need anything in the future, be sure to reach out 🙂 

Cheers. 

Ryan_N - Forum Team - https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/WelcomeGoodFolk
0 Kudos
nihalpatel91
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi. My grandma has received her new virgin sim on an old noki handset. We have put the new sim in but the phone is asking for a restriction code. Are you able to help please?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hello nihalpatel91

Sorry to hear this has happened

To be honest the old handset would need to be replaced 

You can purchase a sim free handset for around £20 maximum from most stores