Menu
Simon_Ash_20
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Resolution: Education Given???

Hi,

Apologies as this is a bit long but I wanted to put details into it.

At the end of last year (2020) I wanted to upgrade my SIM only (just finishing the 12 month contract) to a Black Friday SIM only contract.

As phone lines were / are extremely busy, I opted to use online chat to do this. I went through all security questions and then sorted out the deal to start a couple of weeks later when my current deal (12 months) ended. ** It took a couple of hours due to the delays in getting responses **

On the day it should have started, I got a text saying my current data was being rolled over to the next month. When I looked at my online account, there was no mention of the new contract.

I contacted Virgin Mobile sales who informed me that there has been a problem when I tried to initially sort out the new contract but no one had contacted me. I wasn't happy but we sorted out the new contact over the phone.

When I looked online a couple of days later, it looked like I then was being billed for 2 contracts. I queried it but was told it would all sort itself out. The £13 Black Friday pricing then moved on to my next bill of which I was then billed (and paid) £26.

I raised a complaint (online through the Virgin site) to Virgin Mobile. I wanted someone to clarify my bill and if it was right, then fine, otherwise, to refund me one of my bills as I shouldn't have had 2 contracts running at the same time. I got an automated response stating I would get a reply within 28 days.

I didn't get a response within 28 days. I filled in another online complaint with the reference number last week and got a letter today stating they tried to phone me but got no response. I don't have any missed calls!

Anyway, after all this, I am no clearer as to the bill and got 'RESOLUTION: Education Given'

What exactly does that mean? Oh and it tells me to authenticate 'data protection on the account'

And this: 'Again, we're really sorry we slipped up. We always try to give you the best we've got and to make sure you're happy with us. We hope this resolution works for you.'

Thanks.

Simon

0 Kudos
5sa
Joining in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Resolution: Education Given???

I also received the same email.

i made a complaint after not receiving automatic compensation for 3 days loss of service and received an email stating they’ve tried to call me but couldn’t get through, which is a lie as I’ve had no missed calls from them or any other number. You have stated the same thing so I’m convinced this is just auto generated text. They also failed to address a single point in my original complaint and offered a resolution which states ‘Education given’. Unsure what that means but this is clearly a cut and paste response to complaints and is unacceptable! 

I will be taking this to OFCOM. Virgin Media are utterly useless at customer service. 

0 Kudos
Zoie_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Resolution: Education Given???

Hi Simon_Ash_20,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our forums.

I am so sorry to hear this and the way your complaint was handled. I can take a  look into this for you and see if we can find you a resolution. I will pop you a private message just keep an eye out for the purple envelope 🙂 

Zoie

0 Kudos