Menu
bradleyflett
Just joined
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Requesting a STAC code for an older phone

Hi,

I've got a really old phone that my nan is going to use for a couple of weeks while her telephone mast is being repaired (no home phone at all). The phone is question is Siemens CF62.

I'm trying to unlock the phone so she can use it. The packaging for the old virgin mobile sim card is there, but not the sim card itself. I need to unlock it so she can use it on o2, as they get the best signal in the part of the country she's in. 

Any help or ideas? When I type the IMEI number in to the help page on the virgin website it comes up with the number doesn't exist, and the link to request a code seems to be down as well. I've tried calling the call centre and they told me to call Siemens, but that's not going to do anything. 

Thanks in advance,

Brad                   

0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Requesting a STAC code for an older phone

It's not a STAC code but a network unlock code you need

As the phone is 14 years old and produced by a company no who is no longer manufacturing phones it could prove difficult.

I find with these old phones either a phone unlocking site or a mobile repair store that does unlocking is the way to go.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos