Menu
exmiffy
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Replying to a PM from Corey C

I've had a PM in reply to an earlier query about a failed sim swap from Corey C, asking for some basic details about my mobile account so she could look into it - for which many thanks. However the reply box shows no send button [working through my laptop]. Any tips [before my relationship with Virgin Mobile goes completely into meltdown]?

0 Kudos
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Replying to a PM from Corey C

Hi exmiffy,

If you still have the message in your PM inbox and you are using your laptop. Below my message is a grey space below that says "reply"

When you click in that grey space, you are able to type your message..

Below the message box where you have typed your message you should see two buttons [Cancel] and [Reply]

Pressing the Reply button gets the message sent.  Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Corey C

0 Kudos
exmiffy
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Corey C
I did type a full reply to your offer to help, including ac # etc, in the grey area but no cancel/reply buttons were anywhere on the screen, hence pushing my patience with Virgin Mobile ever closer to meltdown.

I still have your reply in the PM box plus grey space - but still no buttons. If there is nothing else you can do about this, perhaps you could answer a general question...
If a mobile is unable to work on the new SIM [say because the IMEI number is described as 'device isn't supported'], how long will the old SIM continue to work?

Thanks for any help you can give

exmiffy
0 Kudos
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi exmiffy,

That is strange, I'm not sure if you are able to try another browser or device or if your browser is requiring you to scroll down further for the buttons. The reasons why the new SIM isn't working could be varied from not being activated to the handset not being compatible/locked.  As far as how much longer the old SIM will remain working, it's hard to tell without being able to have a look at the account, unfortunately.

Cheers,

Corey C

0 Kudos
exmiffy
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I now know how long the SIM will last - last Friday. This messaging seems to be working and I assume it is secure - so I will give you the IMEI#: [REMOVED] as I imagine the problem is the age of the phone. If that means the basic service I had a week ago has been taken away, I am not inclined to spend more money [ie a new phone] to stay with Virgin but will go elsewhere - which is a pity.
Exmiffy

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
exmiffy
Tuning in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Corey this is the only 'reply' facility with which I can get through to you - replying through a PM still has the grey reply box but no reply/send button anywhere. Virgin Mobile is hermetically sealed and therefore useless to me [not your fault Corey, you can only work with what you've got]. I am going to walk away now from this slow motion crash which is totally Virgin's creation, while I pursue other options.
Exmiffy
0 Kudos
exmiffy
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

To Melissa_F: re replying to a PM from Corey_C

Hi Melissa

Thank you for your reply to my message to Corey - from that message you will see that was the only time the PM reply box was showing a reply button on my laptop. I you have looked at previous messages to Corey you will see that the PM reply function was not working at all before that which is why I have not provided those details previously. Today I find the reply function is missing again so cannot  give you the information you need. [I assumed in my previous message that the order #  I supplied was sufficient for you to find my account details.]

If you cannot do that, (or email me or text me or ring me on my wife's mobile [on the same Virgin account]) then we are stuffed.

This has been going on since Virgin started the whole thing in July and in a day or two I shall walk away.

exmiffy

[very miffed and soon to be 'ex']

0 Kudos
SCA1972
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: To Melissa_F: re replying to a PM from Corey_C

@exmiffy You appear to have multiple threads for the same issue, which is against the forum rules so I have merged your latest threads.

I'll tag @Melissa_F for you in the hope that she can help as creating a new thread is not likely to get her attention.

Have you tried a different web browser or device to see if it resolves your PM reply issue?

My setup: VM TV box, M350 Fibre broadband with Hub 3 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos