Menu
Stressful
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Replacement sim unlock

I received a replacement SIM a few weeks back and when I tried to use it the code provided didnt work with the result that it ended up being blocked. I put my old sim back in and went on line and got it reset so i could try again but having just tried to swap it again I have the exact same issue. This is not the first time that I have had sim swap issues with virgin why is it so hard, I don't have these problems with EE? Could someone at Virgin please sort this!

0 Kudos
Emily_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Replacement sim unlock

Thanks for the post Stressful and welcome to our community.

Can we please confirm if you've been able to get your SIM card working since your post?

If not, can we please confirm if the handset is from ourselves? 

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos
Stressful
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

No this still isn't working and I only have a couple of days before the sim stops working. I have given up with this now and may just have to move networks as I just dont have the time to be dealing with this 

0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

If you have a code (around 15 digits)you may be putting it in wrong as there is often a set sequence.

What make and model

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Stressful
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

The cod3 was entered in the correct way I have done hundreds of them in the past when issueing out phones at companies i have worked for.

However this still isn't working and whilst the Handset wasn't an original virgin issued device its been on your network for over 3 years. The handset is a Samsung galaxy s7 edge that used to be on the ee network.

I also no longer have a working sim!

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hello

Here is where the problem is the network unlock code needs to be retrieved from EE as they are the people who supplied the phone, VM cannot issue a network unlock code as the phone was purchased elsewhere. The old SIM were rebranded EE SIMs and the new ones although use the EE network are pure VM this is why you have the problem.

https://ee.co.uk/help/help-new/getting-started-and-upgrading/unlock-your-phone/unlock-a-ee-device-to...

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos