Menu
MauWoo
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Replacement Sim Email

Hi Customer Service,

Can you help me define and troubleshoot on my Issue here please, I’m waiting for an email to be dispatched from which I can then move forward to essentially order a replacement to be dispatched, it’s a sim only contract and I’m wanting a 2nd opinion on whether it can take up to 24 hours to receive an email as I’m desperate to get my phone back operational and functional again..it was several hours ago when I spoke to customer service and I still haven’t received an email ( I’ve checked my junk box and the main inbox so I’m sure it hasn’t been actioned, perhaps a tech glitch? My original sim has now been cancelled as It got Jammed In my old phone , therefore I’m In limbo at present.

I’ve got the sim successfully cancelled but the email to trigger the process of a replacement sim being actioned for dispatch has stalled. Emails are usually automated and sent straight away but I’m thinking there perhaps may be a holding period for insurance and fraud purposes as there’s only generic lost or stolen options to choose from and there may be checks to carry out before things can be moved forward. There’s a long queue on the phone, I did get passed over to an agent but her english was broken, vague and her advice was inconsistent. She said an email to order a new replacement would take within an hour to be dispatched but it’s never arrived so I reconnected via the same channels and she’s asked me to give it 24 hours for it arrive however it’s hard to comprehend an email taking up to 24 hours to travel down a wire. Can you shed any light on this matter please?

0 Kudos
Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Replacement Sim Email

Hi MauWoo,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

I'm sorry to hear you've been waiting on an email, has this arrived since your post on Sunday?

Let us know if this is something you still need help with and we can pop you over a private message.

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos