Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Replacement SIm not working - Alcatel phone

I have tried ringing about this problem - but just get sent round in circles.

I have an Alcatel Onetouch phone.

I was recently sent a new sim - when inserted the message says  SIM restricted.

How can I get this sorted?

Thank you

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Replacement SIm not working - Alcatel phone

You, me and, according to Computer Active, many others. My wife has an old Nokia 106 on a pay-as-you-go which had run out of cash. Dialing 789 to top only led to an "Emergency call only" message.Going to carphone warehouse for advice told me that new sims had been sent out,  which we didn't receive. I arranged for another one with £10 on it. It arrived, was inserted and we still only get the "Emergency calls only" message. Hopefully, someone from Virgin admin. will read these messages and get something done about it.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi hcimc,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and a warm welcome to you, I am sorry to hear your having issues with your new sim card not working, sounds like it may need activating.

So I can help further I will invite you into a private chat, please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the invite but there is no purple envelope. There is a purple flag for a moderator and a purple button for awarding a Kudos but that's it!

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hello

Go to the top of the whole page and on the right hand side you will see a little envelope which should have a number next too it.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos