forumarchive,nothingtosee,
Menu
parsman1
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Replacement SIM problem

When my EE mobile contract ended, I transferred my number to Virginmedia OOMPH bundle and was sent a replacement SIM for my Samsung phone. However, my phone was locked for EE service and it was 4 weeks before they provided a Network Unlock Code.

My phone is now unlocked but I get a "SIM not provisioned for voice" notification when my Virgin SIM is in the phone. Also, I can't send text messages or make calls as I'm not registered on the network.

Is this because my Virgin replacement SIM sent in December has expired? If so, can it be re-activated? How can I do this?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Emma_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Replacement SIM problem

Hi Parsman1, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community. 

Really sorry you're having issues with using the SIM and waiting so long for your phone to be unlocked. 

It does sound like the SIM is no longer activate, so I will need to pop you a personal message and grab some details so I can take a closer look. 

I'll do this now and I look forward to hearing from you soon. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
parsman1
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Emma
My SIM became active 2 mins after I replied to your message. Was that you or just coincidence?
If you - very impressive service, if coincidence then you can ignore my request for help.
Thanks for responding to my original request.
Mike
0 Kudos
Emma_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Ha-ha, I activated it for you Mike. Glad it went through so quickly for you 🙂 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos