Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Replacement SIM not working - can't get through to request another

Hello, I've seen a few posts of people having similar issues to mine:

-was informed that mobile service will be stopped if I don't switch to new SIM (and that service would resume in 3 days - which it hasn't);
-switch to new SIM only for that not to work, and then for the old SIM to stop working;

Now I've got no phone with which to call the helpline, I've tried to use webchat, and I've tried the 'order a new SIM' link from the VMobile app to request a new SIM but have had no response or success from either. Can anyone help?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Replacement SIM not working - can't get through to request another

Hi cmoliere,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm very sorry to hear about this. What I will do is private message you so we can look into this. 

^Martin

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hello Martin, my mother is having the same problem I believe, shes 71 and getting quite upset, i wrote on the virgin complaints instant message thing but no response.  This is what i wrote:-

My mother has a mobile contract with you and has received a letter with a new sim card saying she has to swap to the new sim card. We did that and it asked for unlock code, I went online to fill out form to get the unlock code for the sim, says will be back in 72 hours. 4 days later she phoned as not received call, they said will be another 72 hours and will receive the unlock code. Another 4 days she rang again, this time a UK person said will be 5 days, as sending request to the main team, he took my home number and said will be contacted within 5 days. That was 6 days ago, my mother is going to cancel with you unless this is sorted out today, thanks.

Do you work for virgin in some capacity, could you help with this at all, I appreciate the help if you could, cheers!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Andyvir1470,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm very sorry to hear about this. What I will do is private message you so I can look into this. 

^Martin

0 Kudos