Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Replacement SIM card not arrived

I recently received an E mail stating that Virgin Mobile SIM cards were to be updated and that a new one was on its way, also that the change over date would be 14/01/2020. Now on the 15th/01 it has nor arrived. Adding to that my phone no longer works

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Replacement SIM card not arrived

Hi mikeneal31,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. 

Have you received the SIM since your post? Please let me know if you need further assistance.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi John GS, No the SIM card has not arrived  . Attempts over the phone have been unproductive. Now I have a phone which will not work. This is all very stressful I am 88 years old and whilst not I.T. illiterate am fast giving this up, I have been with NTL/Virgin since Feb 1999.  Virgin pull your socks up your service is a disgrace 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Let us take a look into this for you mikeneal31.

Look out for my PM (the purple envelope) and please get back to me with the requested info when you can so we can investigate.

Tom 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

HI Tom, no the new SIM card has not arrived I will inform you as soon as it does. Mike
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Both my wife and I are on Virgin. About a week ago she received a letter informing her that she would need to change her SIM card owing to network improvements, I believe. It arrived and I inserted it into her phone expecting my new one to arrive. It hasn't. 

I assume if my wife required a new SIM card for her phone, I would too. Is this assumption incorrect?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Good Afternoon Davidivitch,

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums and a very warm welcome to you!

We are seeking to eventually switch all customers over to our new SIM cards and we will have one sent out to you at some point.

However, if you would like me to order one for you, please drop a request below and we can take this to a PM conversation and I can have one ordered for you, once data protection has been passed

Thank you

David_Bn