cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replacement SIM Delay

billedge
Tuning in

My wife lost her phone over two weeks ago. On the day of the loss we reported it to Virgin Mobile and they confirmed that a new SIM had been dispatched (on 3rd June). By the 9th June nothing had arrived, so I followed up on messager. They said 'wait until the 10th June (5 working days). On the 10th still nothing, so I followed up. This time the agent said that the SIM had been dispatched the day before (?) and that I should wait for 5 working days again.

So here we are on 16th June, and still nothing. In the meantime, VM are obviously collecting their fees, and my wife has been without a mobile for over two weeks (by the way the replacement handset came from Apple within 24 hours).

Ironically, one of the online questions is 'did you get our email with tracking information' - when actually SIMs are sent out by plain Royal Mail. Frustrating.

I am a loyal Virgin customer (broadband, full tv, home phone and mobile) but this is testing my loyalty.  Anyone suffered the same issue?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Travis_M
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @billedge 

Thanks for posting on our community forum and so sorry to hear about the delay with receiving your replacement SIM.

I'll drop you a private message now to collect some more information and get this sorted for you, keep an eye on your inbox for a message from myself.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

1 REPLY 1

Travis_M
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @billedge 

Thanks for posting on our community forum and so sorry to hear about the delay with receiving your replacement SIM.

I'll drop you a private message now to collect some more information and get this sorted for you, keep an eye on your inbox for a message from myself.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs