Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Replacement SIM Card Not Sent. No Response from VM Customer Service.

I have an Oomph Unlimited Data Sim as part of my VM Package. When I opened the Ooomph Unlimited Sim account I transferred my old number to the SIM using a PAC Code. At the end of May, I needed to transfer that number away from VM for work purposes but needed to retain the Oomph SIM for another number. I requested a PAC Code which VM sent, with a text message to say a replacement SIM would be sent by post so I could keep my Ooomph Unlimited Data SIM with a new number.

This replacement SIM has never arrived, so I can't make use of the service.

I called VM on Friday and spoke to members of both Mobile and Media Teams. Neither could help me and had no record of anything other than:

- The mobile team had cancelled my account without request. No audit trail of any new SIM being sent. They redirected me to the VM team (after a very lengthy period on hold)

- The VM team think my mobile account and Ooomph SIM are still activated and had no record of a requirement for a new SIM, didn't understand why I'd been put through to them and said they'd ask the 'Oomph Team' to call me direct in 24 hours.

3 days later, no-one has called.

This is the text from the SMS sent on the 26th May:

"Your PAC is xxxxxxxxxx and expires on 24/06/2020. If you switch today, there'll be no early disconnection fee to pay. This doesn't include your plan charges, out of plan usage or outstanding bills. Don't forget that if you have an outstanding balance, it will still need to be paid. For more info, head to virginmobile.co.uk/youraccount Switching a mobile number included in your Ultimate Oomph bundle? You'll need a new SIM with a new number to keep your Ultimate Oomph benefits like M500 Fibre Broadband, all the top telly and next-day technician visit. We'll pop one in the mail for you when you switch. Your Family Plan discount will be reduced if you switch any numbers currently included in the plan".

No-one in any team at VM has a record of this SMS. I now have an Ooomph Unlimited plan that I can't use!

I’ve tried contacting VM by phone and through the online help service (been in a queue for over an hour and a half).

Can anyone help?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Replacement SIM Card Not Sent. No Response from VM Customer Service.

Hi jamsta0, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the forums. 

Your post has made me scratch my head, so I could imagine how you're thinking about this one. So I think where the confusion is coming from as that when you port out, you're leaving the SIM on the account with no number, which effectively turns it into a disconnected number, meaning that it would not allow to process a replacement SIM for that number, as the system would not allow us to do so on that type of number. Can I ask if you did port out? 

If there is still a confusion around this I would be more than happy to look into the issue and get it resolved. 

Let me know 🙂 

Ryan_N - Forum Team
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ryan,

I can confirm I did port out, which is when I received the text stating a replacement SIM would be sent to avoid disconnection. I've made no progress so if you're able to help further I'd be very grateful.

James

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Of course, don't worry. I will send you a private message so I can look into this 🙂 

Cheers. 

Ryan_N - Forum Team
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Perfect, thank you for providing that. I have relayed this information on the my colleague an they will be in contact asap. Please come back to the post and let me know how everything went 🙂 

Cheers.  

Ryan_N - Forum Team
0 Kudos